st: re: Controlling Output in the Results Window

From   Christopher Baum <BAUM@BC.EDU>
Subject   st: re: Controlling Output in the Results Window
Date   Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:44:57 -0500

Tom said

I would appreciate any suggestions and comments on a workaround for the following problem. I am trying to constrain what appears in the results window to just the printf statements the mata portion of my stata program produces and have used the quietly command in a do file that is repeatedly called by another do file to suppress the remainder of the program. Yet I cannot figure out how to hide the actual mata code that writes the output I need to see.

Put the Mata code in a function and call the function. E.g. when you run -hprescott-, you do not see any code, but it is calling Mata.