st: Re: Averaging coefficients across datasets

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Averaging coefficients across datasets
Date   Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:42:18 -0000

One possibility might be to use the parmby and metaparm commands, which
are part of the parmest package, downloadable from SSC. The parmby
command creates an output dataset (or resultsset) with 1 observation per
model parameter, and data on estimates, standard errors, confidence
intervals and P-values. The metaparm command can input this resultsset,
and output a new output dataset (or resultsset), containing weighted
averages of the input parameters, with their confidence limits and
P-values. The parmest package can be downloaded from SSC using the -ssc-
command in Stata.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger