st: RE: RE: RE: The Conway-Maxwell Poisson Regression

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: The Conway-Maxwell Poisson Regression
Date   Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:24:41 -0000

I'd never heard of it before, but

is informative.

Lachenbruch, Peter [Tony]

Would a reference to Conway-Maxwell Poisson Regression help?  I'm not
sure what it is.  How does it differ from the usual Poisson Regression

Nick Cox

Official Stata [NB] can't do that, as consultation of the help and
manual entry for -glm- will show.

-findit Conway-Maxwell- turns up nothing user-written.

M. E.

I was wondering if anybody is aware whether Stata
has the capacity to estimate a Conway-Maxwell Poisson Regression within
its glm command?   If not, do you know of any updates or code to perform
this estimation in Stata?