st: forval with value of variable

From   Rike <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: forval with value of variable
Date   Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:46:48 -0500

Dear all,

I want forval to loop over the (min) value of two variables. More
specifically, there is a variable called start_year and another called
end_year and what I want is something like this:

forval x = start_year / end_year  {

The variables have all the same value but i want to repeat the same
codes across different samples that have varying starting and ending
years. This is why I don't want to put the years in numbers as this
would create a lot more work.

Is there a way to do this?