st: Latent variable DVs in gllamm

From   Rahsaan Maxwell <>
Subject   st: Latent variable DVs in gllamm
Date   Wed, 11 Feb 2009 00:48:44 -0500

Does anyone know if it is possible to build a multi-level mixed effects model
with a latent DV using glamm?

I have a unobserved response variable (political trust) that is comprised of
three observed variables (trust in police, trust in government, trust in
politicians).  I am trying to run a multi-level model with fixed effects IVs at
the individual and neighborhood level and a random intercept for the
neighborhood grouping level.

However, I cannot figure out how to construct the DV as a latent variable.  I
have been trying to use the eqs function but that does not seem to work.

Rahsaan Maxwell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

Postdoctoral Fellow
Transatlantic Academy
German Marshall Fund of the United States