RE: st: STATA Spatial autocorrelation LM tests

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: STATA Spatial autocorrelation LM tests
Date   Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:39:59 -0000

-spautoc- does _not_ purport to carry out tests on residuals, which is
what is asked for here. Nor is it an LM test, if I recall correctly.

There is no mapping from spatial data to time series that makes much
sense. Even if exceptionally your data were laid in one spatial
dimension (e.g. along a highway, river, rail, beach, etc.) the
properties of generating processes in time, which are one-directional,
would still differ from those of generating processes in space, which
usually aren't.

Robert A Yaffee

   Type: findit spautoc
      You'll find a program to compute both Moran and Geary's spatial
In general, your dataset must have a time variable for time series
rather than latitude and longitude coordinates for spatial analysis.