RE: st: RE: FWD: poisson regression on aggrgregated data

From   [Redacted]
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: FWD: poisson regression on aggrgregated data
Date   Mon, 9 Feb 2009 12:30:04 +0000

Dear Kieran

No I am not modeling mortality rates, I am modeling the incident of experiencing an event by patients using these 2 covariates:

Year_start (year of starting treatment): 1997,1998,1999,...,2008
time_since_start:0_1, 1_2, 2_3,...,Max

My original data was not in aggregated form, and patients experienced the event (1) or not (0). Then I splitted the follow up time in one year periods and coded year_start,1997 as 1 and 1998+ as 2 and time_since start ,0_1 as 1, 1_2 as 2 and 2+ as 3. then aggregated data using these coded covariates:

strate year_start_cat  time_since_start_cat

saved the output, and used poisson on _D (count of events in each group)-created by strate-, above 2 coded covariates (year_startcat, time_since_startcat) and the exposure that would be created aggregated follow up time _Y ,and then predicted number of events and incident rates in each group using predict.

Now I would like to use the coefficients of this fitted poisson model and have the predicted incident rates in disaggregated data (for year_start and time_since_start before grouping them)

for example the incident rate for  year_start=2003 (whitch has been coded as year_startcat=2) and year_since_start=3_4 (which has been coded as year__since_startcat=3)

Would it be correct if I use the same predicted incident rate from poisson on grouped data (1998+ and 2+) and use it for above example or each case in this group or in this case more events than really is will be predicted?

Many thanks,
Shell

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx