st: linear regression with robust variance estimation

From   Ali Khashan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: linear regression with robust variance estimation
Date   Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:28:21 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all,

I have a small data set of 136 infants each 2 of them have the same mother. All mothers have a disease which I am at its effect on birthweight. These women were diagnosed and treated after giving birth for the first child. I am trying to measure the difference in mean birthweight between infants who were born before treatment and those who were born after treatment. At the same time I want to account for parity (3 categories 1, 2 or 3) and gestational age (4 categories).

I am using regress with robust option to account for the fact that the data is not independent. Is there a way to include the mothers personal number in the model? Or does robust take into this problem into account?

The model I used is x: regress birthweight i.disease i.parity i.gestationalage, robust

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
Ali