Re: st: which variables are in the model?

Subject   Re: st: which variables are in the model?
Date   Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:11:31 -0500

Alan <[email protected]> :

Anything can be done with -bsample- as long as you program it.  The
usual method is to put all the stuff you want to save in locals and
then to -post- them to a file.  The whole thing goes inside a loop and
inside the loop you put a -use-, then a -bsample-, then your
calculations, then save everything with a -post-.  Before the loop,
you put a -set seed- and a -postfile- call.  After the loop, you
-postclose- and -bstat using-.

Alternatively, you can -save- an empty "work" dataset and -set seed-
before you start the loop, then in the loop you -use-, -bsample-,
calculate, store everything in variables, -collapse- if necessary,
-append- to the "work" dataset, and -save "work", replace-.  The
optimal approach depends on what you're doing, as usual.

But you don't need to do either to store the results of postestimation
tests--you can declare a eclass program and add things to the
estimation results with -ereturn-.  Then -bs- the new program.