[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: st: chi2 test for trend with survey data

From   Steven Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: chi2 test for trend with survey data
Date   Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:58:20 -0500

The chi square test for trend in proportions, due to Armitage, is formally equivalent to a linear regression of the response on the group scores, with a SE for beta based on the null hypothesis. For the closest equivalent in Stata, use -svy: reg- and report the F test result.

By the way: In Stata, the chi square test for trend is implemented in -tabodds-. -nptrend- gives similar results, but accommodates the 0-1 response by adding corrections for tied ranks; it is really intended for continuous data.

On Feb 5, 2009, at 2:25 AM, rafaelcla wrote:

Dear Listers,

I want to test the proportion of smokers in four different groups for linear trend (chi2). Usually I solve this using "nptrend" but this time I'm dealing with survey data (and so, sampling weights). How to proceed with this test in this data??? (should I just use logistic regression???)

*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2017 StataCorp LLC   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index