st: Stationary panel model with variable coefficients

From   Alfred Stiglbauer <>
Subject   st: Stationary panel model with variable coefficients
Date   Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:29:00 +0100

Dear all,

I would like to estimate a simple panel model with variable coefficients which involves computing simple averages of individual-specific coefficients. (This is sometimes called the mean-group model.) I want to compare this model with Swamy's random coefficient model implmented in the xtrc command (which effectively calculates a weighted average of individual coefficients).

If one were just interested in the coefficients one could get along with a simple program, but when one wants to make tests etc. it becomes quite difficult.

Is there a simple solution for this problem available? I am aware of the xtpmg command. But this appears not to be suited because it involves long-run relationships and error correction. I, instead, just want to estimate a simple stationary panel model (as defined in Hsiao's 2003 book, chapter 6).

Any help or hint would be very appreciated.

Best --Alfred
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*