RE: -varabbrev- setting [was: st: re: question about "testparm"]

From   David Radwin <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: -varabbrev- setting [was: st: re: question about "testparm"]
Date   Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:06:32 -0800

If you can stand one more bit of gasoline trivia, a better measure probably would be km/g or some other function of distance and mass rather than distance and volume, because gasoline is less dense at higher temperatures. (But it probably does not save you any money to fill up at night rather than during the day.)

"California drivers were overcharged $376.4 million on gasoline in one year because fuel pumps don't adjust for changing temperatures, according to a state study."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/04/MNQ514GV7I.DTL

David