Re: st: AW: estimation of series of OLS regressions based on t-values from previous regression

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: estimation of series of OLS regressions based on t-values from previous regression
Date   Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:40:14 +0100

The more the independent variables and the smaller the sample size, the higher the likelihood that you'll capitalize on chance. Many good journals don't even consider manuscripts anymore than have used stepwise:

Thompson, B. (1995). Stepwise regression and stepwise discriminant analysis need not apply here: A guidelines editorial. Educational and Psychological Methods, 4, 525-534.

Best,
John

Prof. John Antonakis
Associate Dean