st: Wilcoxon Matched-Pairs Signed-ranks Test also for groups?

From   "Rico Baumann" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Wilcoxon Matched-Pairs Signed-ranks Test also for groups?
Date   Fri, 30 Jan 2009 02:41:15 +0100

Hi,

I have data with a binary variable (0 and 1) that splits my data set into two matched groups (one group of original observations and one control group), therefore the samples are not independent.

group1  0  varname1 ...
group2  1  varname1 ...

Since some of the contained variables are not normally distributed I´d like to use a non-parametric test in order to test for the median difference of some variables between the two dependent groups.

The above mentioned signrank -- Equality tests on matched data seems to be the correct test, but unfortunately the syntax doesn´t allow the option by(groupvar), like e.g. ttest or ranksum do.
  signrank varname = exp [if] [in]

Is there any (advanced) solution for that, or do I have to rearrange the data in a spreadsheet outside Stata?

Thanks for help and best,
Rico
--
Beste Grüße
Rico Baumann

email:   [email protected]
cell:      +49 (0)172 532 25 58
phone:  +49 (0)211 239 40 500
efax:     +49 (0)3212 - 1077734
address: Vinckestraße 5, 40470 Düsseldorf,
             Deutschland / Germany