Re: st: Mixed Model for Couples

From   Raphael Fraser <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Mixed Model for Couples
Date   Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:48:03 -0500

Its difficult to decipher what you want Jason. A mixed model has two
parts; fixed part and random part. In your case, the fixed part is
"z x y" and the random part is "couple: gender" . However, this model
would not work.

If you have repeated measurements on each subject (or id). We could
fit a model with random slope and intercept. But you would still have
to specify the covariance structure.

xtmixed z x y || id: x, cov(covariance_structure_here)

Hope this at least points you in the right direction.

Raphael

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 2:07 PM,  <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm interested in creating a mixed model with two predictors (x and y) and
> dependent variable (z).
> My data has couples (males and females).
> Would the mixed model look like this:
> xtmixed z x y || couple: gender
> Thanks.

Raphael A. Fraser, MSc