st: statistics for impact of treatment on a single school

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: statistics for impact of treatment on a single school
Date   Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:08:00 -0600

I was interviewing my kids for a small school (200 kids, K-8th grade). The school adds changes to its teaching programs to try to alter standardized testing scores and also in class performance. They use a set of self-paced programs the kids sit at weekly to provide the teachers and principal feedback. They plot summary statistics by semester and year and grade to discern effects of introducing new programs. I'm not sure what granularity of data they below these levels, but I assume they might have weekly feedback per student from the self-administered program they use. Anyway, is it possible to statistically test for effects of programmatic changes in a school this small and essentially 1 class per grade?