Re: st: RE: re: total

Subject   Re: st: RE: re: total
Date   Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:37:30 -0500

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> If you wanted to embed similar code in a do file or program to be used
> frequently, you could for efficiency rewrite using -summarize,
> meanonly-.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]

I think this is exactly what -tabstat- is doing, in particular it is
already aware of which statistics can be obtained with which commands
fastest:
class 1 : available via -summarize, meanonly-
class 2 : available via -summarize-
class 3 : available via -detail-
It then loops over variables and computes those statistics. Not very
efficient, but it works.
I wrote a plugin with a limited set of statistics (means, totals,
freqs, weighted proportions) but much better performance and it
outputs results in matrices, ready for XML_TAB to output them to
Excel.
TabStatMat by Austin Nichols will combine r()-saved results to
matrices after tabstat.

Best,
   Sergiy Radyakin