st: RE: graphing

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: graphing
Date   Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:06:47 -0000

Despite the heading "graphing", the issue is entirely one of data
structure.

You need to restructure your data so that whatever you want to connect
is together inside the same variable, and then the graphing will be
easy.

More information on how your data are structured and why they are
structured that way would allow better answers.

Murali Kuchibhotla

      I have a table of the following form:

          |          today_date
year      | 07-01-06  07-01-07  07-01-08
----------+-----------------------------
     2008 |     a
     2009 |     b      d
     2010 |     c      e      g
     2011 |            f      h
     2012 |                   i

I would like to plot the contents of each diagonal in the table by today
date
(i.e. a connected plot of a,d and g, another one with b,e and h and a
third
one with c,f and i). Also please note that today date is a string
variable.I
would also like to have the 3 plots on the same graph. Is there an easy
way to
do this?