st: Re: mlogit mfx table

Subject   st: Re: mlogit mfx table
Date   Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:53:33 +0100

Teresa,

you may want to rephrase your problem with the help of this example:

*********
webuse sysdsn3, clear
mlogit insure age male nonwhite site2 site3
mfx, predict(p outcome(1))
esttab using myfile.csv, margin not csv replace
!start myfile.csv
*********

Go Data-> Text to Columns in Excel to view the output properly...

HTH
Martin _______________________ ----- Original Message ----- From: "Teresa Dale Nelson" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:14 AM
Subject: st: mlogit mfx table

Dear Stata community,

Can you help me with the code to compile mfx from a f-outcome mlogit estimation WITH significance stars for outsheeting to excel.

If after the mfx command I store the estimates, I've used estout to transfer results to an excel file. But this is what I get -- and for each estimate for each outcome separately: tempEC1 Xmfx_dydx drop_&_preg cohsD95 .*** cobkD95 .** coECD95 0.004***
_cons                    ***
notdrop_&_~g cohsD95 .***
cobkD95                 .***
coECD95             0.004***
_cons                    ***
drop_&_not~g cohsD95 .***
cobkD95                 .***
coECD95             0.004***
_cons                    ***
* p<.10, ** p<.05, *** p<.01

Also, the variable name and its result are landing into the same cell. I need them to populate two cells (left cell for variable name, right cell for result) on a single row.

What I need is this:
cohsD95    .002***
cobkD95    .001**
coECD95    .004***

Or this would be even better:
Outcome 1
cohsD95    .002***
cobkD95    .001**
coECD95    .004***
Outcome 2
cohsD95    .050***
cobkD95    .035**
coECD95    .115***
etc...

If you have any ideas, I'd be much appreciative!
Best Regards,
T.Nelson
doctoral candidate, Public Policy and Political Economy
University of Texas-Dallas