st: Q: GLLAMM SEM with a latent DV

From   Rahsaan Maxwell <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Q: GLLAMM SEM with a latent DV
Date   Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:41:40 -0500

Hello-

I want to use GLLAMM to run a multilevel mixed regression in which the
dependent variable is an unobserved latent variable with four observed and
continuous components.  The individual and group-level covariates are all
observed.

Is it possible to do this?  What is the appropriate code?  I have tried the
code below but obviously that does not work.

I read in Psychometrika that it might be appropriate to use a three level model
with a single random coefficient at level 3.  However, I still don't understand
how to specify the loadings on the DV because the eq command only seems to work
on the random effects after the grouping variable?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Rahsaan

gen const = 1
eq var1: const
eq var2: trstprl trstlgl trstplc trstplt
gllamm nrf(1) eq(var2) iv1 iv2 etc if firstgen==1 , i(country) nrf(1) eqs(var1)
nip(20) adapt