st: comparing proportions

From   "Visintainer PhD, Paul" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: comparing proportions
Date   Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:40:58 -0500

I'm drawing a blank on a command for comparing two independent binomial distributions, but the command has to be in the form of:

<command> var1, by(group)

For example, comparing a yes/no variable by gender.

-prtest- is the right form, but I would prefer not using the large-sample approximation (sample size is small for several variables).

I suppose -exlogistic- would work, but it seems like a very big hammer for such a small nail.

Thanks

-p

_____________________
Paul F. Visintainer, PhD

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication and any
attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for
the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at
(413) 794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any
attachments. For further information regarding Baystate Health's
privacy policy, please visit our Internet web site at
http://www.baystatehealth.com.