Re: st: Bounded dependent variable by ordered categories of independent in survey setting

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Bounded dependent variable by ordered categories of independent in survey setting
Date   Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:57:27 +0000

Ángel Rodríguez Laso wrote:

> Dear Statalisters,
>
> I'm working with survey data with strata, clusters and
> finite-population-correction variables and Stata 9.1 version.
>
> I want to compare a continuous variable (quol) across ordered levels
> of a categorical variable. quol is a measure of health related quality
> of life from the Euroquol scale (social tariff), where values are
> bounded between 0 and 1 (in fact, some few can be negative). It is not
> a proportion, but the highest score you can get in the scale is 1. I
> copy the distribution of quol (sorry, I haven't been able to
> copy-paste the histogram): It is very  left skewed, with a
> discontinuity between 0.8 and 1.

[...]

I can't answer your specific question, but I would suggest that you
should update your Stata 9.1 to 9.2, thus:

update q

--
Clive Nicholas

<[email protected]>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson.