st: RE: RE: Analysing expenditure data

Subject   st: RE: RE: Analysing expenditure data
Date   Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:21:48 +0100

Line for the server...

Well, -tabulate- is designed to display frequencies, so you probably get
what you ask for... Still, you said in your initial post that you wanted
"their actual expenditure", so you may want to look at -h table- which is
designed to display summary statistics, such as total expenditure,
conditional on categorical variable(s).

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mosidi Nhlapo
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:10 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Analysing expenditure data

My apologies,
the syntax is:
tab expenditure maingrp (weight=new_wgt),row
Like I said this gives me the number of households within each expenditure
group
 Regards

>>> "Martin Weiss" <[email protected]> 1/15/2009 12:59:34 PM >>>
Line for the server...

Hi, welcome to the Stata community, very good to see you! Have you actually
tried to run the line " gen expenditure maingrp (weight=new_wgt),row"? I
have a hard time figuring out what that is supposed to do. -gen- requires at
least an equal sign to run (see -h gen-), and AFAIK, it does not have the
"row" option...

HTH
Martin