Re: st: RE: Calculating binomial probability distribution of cumulative outcomes of independent events with differing values and probabilites

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Calculating binomial probability distribution of cumulative outcomes of independent events with differing values and probabilites
Date   Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:05:22 +0000 (GMT)

--- Wally Knox <[email protected]> wrote:
> The do-file is simple and elegant.  Have you considered submitting it
> as a Stata command?

Thanks for the praise, but no I will not be submitting this as a Stata
command. Part of the reason why the code is so simple and elegant is
that it was purpose writen for your particular situation, the code will
get much less elegant once I make it applicable to a general situation.
Also designing a syntax that is easy to use but at the same time
general is not going to be easy in this case. On top of that I don't
expect there to be a large demand for such a command, especially
because it is relatively easy to write an elegant purpose written
.do-file that does the job. If anyone disagrees with my assessment and
wants to write such a program than they should feel free to "steal" any
part of the example that may be helpful to them.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081