Re: st: Debug mode in Mata

Subject   Re: st: Debug mode in Mata
Date   Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:09:01 -0500

Just to add to the collection of tricks: there is an undocumented
command -di_g- which is a conditional display. In normal mode it
displays nothing, but in the debug mode it displays the message. To
change the mode type: set di_g {on|off}. See -help di_g- for details.

The use is quite obvious: put a handful of these di_g's in the program
with messages like "Checkpoint alpha", "Checkpoint bravo", .....etc,
perhaps including the key locals to keep track of what's going on.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin