Re: st: Debug mode in Mata

From   Philipp Rehm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Debug mode in Mata
Date   Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:34:18 +0000

.
(I have also long wished to have Stata report the filename and line
number of the command that failed in the error message (for .do/.ado
files))

I second that!
It's especially frustrating to get an error message along the lines of "parentheses do not balance". You KNOW that Stata knows where you screwed up, but it wouldn't tell (and -set trace on- isn't overwhelmingly helpful in this case either). And it can take forever to figure out the missing parenthesis (despite bracket matching capabilities of the text editors I use).

Philipp

Best regards, Sergiy Radyakin

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Mak, Timothy