Re: st: RE: copying graphs in Mac

From   Michael Hanson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: copying graphs in Mac
Date   Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:41:16 -0500

On Jan 9, 2009, at 9:19 AM, Neil Shephard wrote:

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Visintainer PhD, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

You just right-click the graph and save it as a .png to your desktop. Then you can just drag it into the document.

I rarely get an opportunity to use a Mac, but from memory, most Mac's
only have one button on the mouse.  You used to have a key to hold and
press which modified the function of this one button.

Your memory must be very good, because your recollection dates from some time ago.

* Drivers for multi-button mice have been included in Mac OS X since at least 2003 (10.3 or Panther) -- perhaps even earlier (I forget). Just about any third-party multi-button mouse worked "out of the box" since that time.

* Since 2005, every desktop Mac has shipped with Apple's "Mighty Mouse", which can readily be configured for as many four "buttons". <http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/>

* Since 2006, the trackpads on MacBooks (and later, MacBook Pros) have supported multiple finger gestures, such as "right-click" either by placing two fingers on the trackpad and clicking the button, or tapping the trackpad with two fingers. <http://computerworld.com/ action/article.do? command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9105438&pageNumber=1> Third-party software can simulate some of these actions on older laptops. <http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/sidetrack/index.html>

* Of course, one can always hold down the Control key and click to get a "right-click" action. This has been possible since... gee -- 1997 maybe?

"We should make things as simple as possible, but not simpler."  -
Anon (not Albert Einstein)

Agreed! Which is the best argument for using a Mac that I can think of. ;)

Best,
Mike