st: RE: copying graphs in Mac

From   "Visintainer PhD, Paul" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: copying graphs in Mac
Date   Fri, 9 Jan 2009 08:58:28 -0500

Richard,

You just right-click the graph and save it as a .png to your desktop.  Then you can just drag it into the document.

-p

_____________________
Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
Director of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Division of Academic Affairs
Baystate Health System
280 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01199
(T)  413.794.7686
(F) 413.794.7689
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Richard Goldstein
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 5:07 PM
To: statalist
Subject: st: copying graphs in Mac

Hi,

I have recently switched from Windows to a Mac and am using an
up-to-date version of Stata 10.1. I want to copy a graph from Stata into
Open Office

I tried using Stata's copy graph, but Open Office thinks there is
nothing to paste and I get nothing

I tried exporting to eps and, again, nothing was inserted into Open Office

I exported the graph to pict -- open office then accepted it BUT only
into the draw program -- I need it in the word processor because then it
can be saved to a ".doc" file and sent to colleagues who use Word in Windows

any ideas or help gratefully received

Rich
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication and any
attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for
the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at
(413) 794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any
attachments. For further information regarding Baystate Health's
privacy policy, please visit our Internet web site at
http://www.baystatehealth.com.