Re: st: copying graphs in Mac

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: copying graphs in Mac
Date   Thu, 8 Jan 2009 21:31:16 -0600

.

For the record, Stata 10 for OS X copies graphs to the Finder clipboard as PDF. For some applications this doesn't paste at all, and that behavior is not satisfying I agree. For example, pasting works fine into Apple Pages and Microsoft Word, but Apple Mail does not recognize the clipboard contents. Apple Mail will paste if you choose Paste and Match Style or Past as Quotation rather than plain Paste. The Apple Finder clipboard also doesn't recognize what is on the clipboard after copying a graph from Stata, if you Show clipboard in the Finder. Remember you can change what goes onto the clipboard in the Stata general preferences such that is PICT. If you do that, you can past anywhere, but then you get PICT not the better PDF. Also, the Finder clipboard does recognize what is on the clipboard if you copy as PICT (it says and shows a picture). All this seems a little buggy to me, either in the Finder or in Stata for Mac. I think it is Stata, because if you have a PDF open in Preview, and you copy, you get a picture in the Finder clipboard no problem.

-Dave