st: Mahalanobis Distance and Clustering

From   "Dan Weitzenfeld" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Mahalanobis Distance and Clustering
Date   Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:54:45 -0800

Hi All,
I am looking into the possibility of using Mahalanobis Distance as a
similarity/dissimilarity measure in a hierarchical clustering
analysis.
I've done some searching through the archives, and I've found some
Mahalanobis-based programs, but none that do the clustering step.

I'm wondering:
-if this exists, and I just couldn't find it;
-if it doesn't exist, is there a reason why not - some limitation or
reason I'm not aware of.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

--