Re: st: Standard Error on a Survival median, weighted data

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Standard Error on a Survival median, weighted data
Date   Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:08:22 -0500

On December 17, Millie.Marston wrote:

> I have weighted data but need confidence intervals on the median
> survival time.   I can pick out the median and get it to come out
> in sts list (see below)  but the confidence intervals are
> suppressed  because the data is weighted.  Does anyone know how can
> I get confidence intervals on the median survival with weighted
> data without assuming a parametric model

You haven't stated whether the data come from a complex survey.  Even
if probability weights are the only design feature, I suggest that
you  -svyset- your data.  Then download  -svybsamp2- (resampling for
complex survey data)  from SSC, and use it to bootstrap -stsum- .

-Steve

Steven Samuels
845-246-0774
18 Cantine's Island