Re: st: Standard Error on a Survival median, weighted data

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Standard Error on a Survival median, weighted data
Date   Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:32:35 -0500

--
Sorry for the subject-less post.
Steve

On December 17, Millie.Marston wrote:

I have weighted data but need confidence intervals on the median survival time. I can pick out the median and get it to come out in sts list (see below) but the confidence intervals are suppressed because the data is weighted. Does anyone know how can I get confidence intervals on the median survival with weighted data without assuming a parametric model

stset time [pw=weight],fail(fail)
stsum
local median=r(p50)

You haven't stated whether the data come from a complex survey. Even if probability weights are the only design feature, I suggest that you -svyset- your data. Download -svybsamp2- (resampling for complex survey data) from SSC, and use it to bootstrap -stsum- .

-Steve

Steven Samuels
845-246-0774
18 Cantine's Island