Re: st: Programmatic control of window colour preferences

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Programmatic control of window colour preferences
Date   Mon, 22 Dec 2008 14:34:54 +0000 (GMT)

--- David Elliott <> wrote:
> Is there any way to programmatically switch between preference
> settings for the interface window and text colours?  I have a number
> of Stata "sizes" that I use with different /k command line switches.
> I'll start a new instance of Stata to alter a file prior to -merge-
> or to do some other task on a dataset when I have another dataset
> loaded in my "main" Stata window.
> I'd love to be able to change the background colours of the secondary
> review window(s) as it can become confusing if several instances are
> running at once.

Ben Jann showed how to do something like that in this post:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081