st: estimates use / estread problem

From   Jochen Späth <>
To   <>
Subject   st: estimates use / estread problem
Date   Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:30:57 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

after running a tobit model on my data I would like to --estimates save-- or --estwrite-- the estimation results. So far, so good. However, when I try to --estimates use-- or --estread-- the estimation results I get an error message like this:

"file not estimates"

Or, in the case of --estread--:

"file not estimates
something is wrong; could not recover estimation set
               _fclose():  3601  invalid file handle
        estread_fclose():     -  function returned error
                 <istmt>:     -  function returned error"

Am I missing something? What is my mistake?

Thank you very much,

Jochen Späth
Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW) Tübingen
Ob dem Himmelreich 1
72074 Tübingen
Tel.: +49-(0)7071-9896-14
Fax: +49-(0)7071-9896-99