Re: st: estwrite error r(603)

From   Carl Nelson <>
Subject   Re: st: estwrite error r(603)
Date   Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:44:59 -0600

At 03:08 PM 12/16/2008, you wrote:
>-estwrite- uses Mata to write it's files (unless you use Stata 8 or
>specify the -estsave- option). Maybe Mata has problems writing to the
>portable HD. Try something like
>fn = "test.txt"
>fh = fopen(fn, "w")
>fput(fh, "whatever")
>X = 1
>mata matsave test X
>Does this work?
Yes it does. I'll investigate a bit further and try looking at the
ado file to see where the error is being generated.
On a related note, when I use estread to restore estimates from a
previous session how do I combine them with estimates from a current
session that are in eststo dir, say to make a multiple columned table
of estimates? eststo doesn't appear to see the estimates restored by estread.