RE: st: RE: calculating number of bimesters

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: calculating number of bimesters
Date   Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:11:26 -0000

Thanks for this.

Not to press the point too hard, but the FAQ gives advice on such situations:

"Don't walk away from the thread you started: Continuing or closing a thread you started is important, especially by answering secondary questions and by reporting what solved your problem."

"Much of the benefit of Statalist is that an answer to a question might well interest other people. Thinking that an answer might help many is an incentive to everyone. Or, say you start a thread and then you take it private. Your response is now invisible to others who may be interested in the thread."

... not that such advice should be that needed.

Rodrigo Briceño

Thanks for the proposed solution Nick. I will try that.
About the thread it was my mistake to not post to the list, but I just
saw the reply from David. In fact I decided to write him personally to
not bother other members of the list with the thread. David properly
provided me help for solving the issue. I will check the webpage to
see your proposed solution and sorry again.