Re: st: GLLAMM and weights

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GLLAMM and weights
Date   Sat, 13 Dec 2008 22:12:10 -0500

Second thoughts: Rescaled weights are not what your original article called for. They are designed to reduce bias in the estimated coefficients and variance components under a sampling model, not the observation model that you are studying. Therefore, -gllamm- with rescaled weights may be the wrong approach. You might write to the authors and ask what software they used.

-Steve