Re: st: nonlinear growth curve in xtmixed

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: nonlinear growth curve in xtmixed
Date   Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:54:21 -0600

As of version 10, Stata provides -xtmelogit- and -xtmepoisson- for
logistic and Poisson models, respectively. I believe Singer & Willett
only talk about logistic models there, right? You can say those are
nonlinear models since the mean functions are nonlinear in x's; to me
those are extensions of generalized linear model, and hence there is
at least some linear flavor to them. PROC NLMIXED can fit some crazy
models with direct integration of the random effects (as far as I
know), and full functionality of that is not available in Stata (at
least in the easily available commands; you can write anything you
want in Mata!)