st: Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:39:42 -0500

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:39:42 -0500
Date   Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:40:13 -0500 (EST)

I wish to advise you that the second printing of my book, Negative Binomial Regression (Cambridge University Press), has been published. It is currently available at the Stata bookstore.

This second printing is rather unusual in that it is not simply a reprint of the first edition, which initially became available in September 2007. All of typos needing corrections were made, but in addition the publisher allowed me to make various additional comments and enhancements to the text. I revised many of the models discussed in Chapter 10, and provided a couple of new paragraphs of explanatory information.

These corrections and enhancements were definitely not sufficient to classify as a second edition, but the publisher amended the copyright listed in the book as 2008. This may result in some confusion in the future since the first edition of the book will have both a 2007 and now a 2008 copyright. If you happen to see this in the next several years, you'll know the reason. Technically, however, the correct citation should remain as 2007, regardless of what is displayed in the second printing of the text.

Joseph Hilbe