RE: st: RE: problem levpet command

From   pim de Nijs <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: problem levpet command
Date   Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:31:33 +0100

Dear Martin Weiss,

Thanks for your answer.

. set tr on

Then I got a whole list. I will copy the part where it goes wrong:

- sort `panel' `timevar'
  = sort __000003 Year
  - if "`panel'" != "" {
  = if "__000003" != "" {
  - local bypfx "by `panel': "
  = local bypfx "by __000003: "
  - }
  - tempvar timedif
  - qui `bypfx' gen long `timedif' = `timevar'[_n+1] - `timevar'
  = qui by __000003:  gen long __000004 = Year[_n+1] - Year
  - qui sum `timedif', meanonly
  = qui sum __000004, meanonly
  - if r(min) == 0 {
  - if "`panel'" != "" {
  = if "__000003" != "" {
  - di in red "repeated time values within panel"
repeated time values within panel
  - }
  - else di in red "repeated time values in sample"
  - exit 451

My knowledge about Stata is limited so I do not know what all these codes mean. Can you please help me one more time?

Thanks for your reply,

Pim

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: st: RE: problem levpet command
> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:58:40 +0100
>
> Line for the server...
>
> As always in such situations, -set tr on- and see where the thing gets stuck
> (or let the list know)...
>
> HTH
> Martin

Download de nieuwste emoticons voor in je Messenger
http://www.msnmessengerexperience.nl/chuck/