Re: st: outsheet txt files with one space between columns

From   "Dan Weitzenfeld" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: outsheet txt files with one space between columns
Date   Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:33:09 -0800

-help outsheet- says to try the option delimiter("char")

e.g.,

outsheet using "filename.txt", delimiter(" ")

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Prashant Shukla
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using -outsheet- to transfer data as txt files. The file needs to
> be loaded into a system which requires only one space between the
> columns. This is because the files need to be fixed with and when they
> are tab separated, they have multiple spaces between the columns. So the
> file ends up not being the width we want and all the columns after the
> first one do not have the required start and end positions.
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> For instance, what I have is:
>
> 1001    1002    1003    1004    1005
>
> What I need is:
>
> 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005
> -------------------------------------
>
> Is there a way to define a tab as being one space? Or, is there another
> way to accomplish this goal of one space between columns in a txt files
> with Stata or Stat/Transfer(I have that too)?
>
> Thanks so much everyone,
>
> -Prash.

Dan Weitzenfeld
Media Analyst