st: Statalist Nabble2 Archive/Mirror

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Statalist Nabble2 Archive/Mirror
Date   Tue, 09 Dec 2008 11:51:33 +0000

Dear All,

I mentioned a week or so ago that I was setting up a Nabble2
(http://n2.nabble.com/) archive/mirror of Statalist.

The archive has been up and running now for a week or so and for the
most part has been doing a good job at threading messages, and hasn't
(as far as I can tell) resulted in any excess spam to the list (at least
none thats made it through the Statalist servers spam filtering).

You can view and search the archive at
http://n2.nabble.com/Statalist-f1588530.html

At present this is configured as read-only so it simply mirrors the
messages sent to the Statalist server.  There is however the ability to
set it up so that users with a registered account at Nabble2 can use the
interface to post to the list.

I think opening up the Nabble2 Statalist archive to allow users to post
would be of great use to those who receive Statalist digest as it would
allow them to post in-context with a given thread.  It would also be
useful for those who subscribe and like reading/posting when they are
unable to access their normal email account (although admittedly this
increasingly rare these days).  If anyone has an opinion (either for or
against) doing this please say so and we can discuss whether this should
be done (personally I'm happy to leave it as it is as I subscribe to the
main list and get messages individually).

For more on Nabble2 features please refer to their Help/FAQ at
http://n2.nabble.com/help/Index.jtp

Regards,

Neil

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged  information.
If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before
deleting it.  Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail