st: compiling plugins on the mac with Xcode 3

From   "Tom Trikalinos" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: compiling plugins on the mac with Xcode 3
Date   Fri, 5 Dec 2008 18:41:32 -0500

I am curious if anyone has been using XCode on the Mac to develop C
Stata plugins...
So, a heads-up that the e-mail is only peripherally pertinent to Stata.

I welcome advice on how to set up a new project for a Stata plugin in
Xcode (i'm new to Xcode - but OK with -vi-, -make-, -gcc- and
-gdb-)... I tried asking for a new "Bundle" or a new "BSD Dynamically
linked library", but it seems that neither is the case or I am
neglecting to do something... I get plugins that Stata cannot load
("not a Mach-O_MH file").

I am able to do whatever I need by telling Xcode to use my custom
Makefile(s) to build my projects, but I would prefer not to have to
write my own Makefile(s) to tell it how to do its very job...

(I'm OSX 10.5, I/C Stata 8.2 on PPC and Intel Macs - soon to be Stata 10)

Any suggestions welcome.-

tom

PS. I do not intend to send this e-mail to the Xcode list -if any
exists; neither to ask Apple.

Thomas A. Trikalinos, MD, PhD

Co-Director, Tufts Medical Center Evidence-based Practice Center
Associate Director, Center for Clinical Evidence Synthesis

Mailing address:
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington St
Boston, MA 02111

Physical address: