st: managing data

From   "Rodrigo Briceño" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: managing data
Date   Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:40:51 -0600

Dear Statalisters. I have a database of individuals with have suffered
from some events (muscular pain). The maximum amount of events an
individual could suffer in the database is 4. What I need is to copy
the information available (the row of data for each individual) the
number of times required, so those individuals that have 3, 2 or 1
event,  end in the new database with 4 events all. So for example
(maximum number of events is 2 in this case):

old database:
id event x
1  1      30
2  1      15
2  2      15

new database
id event x
1  1      30
1  1      30
2  1      15
2  2      15

I'm using stata 9 and my OS is windows vista. Thanks for your help.

--
Rodrigo Briceño
Economist

MSN: [email protected]