Re: st: Inefficiency Models in Stata

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Inefficiency Models in Stata
Date   Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:16:23 +0100

My first reaction was: just continue using Frontier 4.1!!! It's far better than Stata!!!
For the serious reply, I quote from myself (please NOTE that things may have changed in Stata 10!): "Frontier 4.1 let you express the technical inefficiency term as a linear combination of some variables. INEXPLICABLY, Stata (just-updated, Intercooled, version 9.2) let you do this only for the cross-sectional command -frontier-, but not for the panel counterpart -xtfrontier-. In the latter command, the inefficiency term can be only a random variable with truncated-normal distribution, or a random variable with truncated-normal distribution multiplied by a specific function of time (exponential decay)"

Nicola
P.S. I'll NOT receive/read any email but the Digest.