st: re: memory allocation problem

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: memory allocation problem
Date   Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:39:18 -0500

< >
Charlie said:

Yes, I'm using 32-bit version of STATA (STATA10) and Windows.
However, the problem also happend with the same error message as when
I allocated 1G memory for STATA.
With my old computer (1G ram), I was able to allocate 1G memory for
STATA, but with my new computer (with much more ram, 3G) I can't
allocate memory more than 850m.
Do you know why?

The only thing I know about Windows is that it is best avoided like the plague. Perhaps Martin W. or one of the other Windows users on the list could provide some good advice. They will probably want to know which version of Windows you are using.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html