Re: st: -graph export-, eps and euro sign

From   Antoine Terracol <>
Subject   Re: st: -graph export-, eps and euro sign
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:15:16 +0100

Thomas Speidel wrote:
> In your code graph title I see
> . ..., title(price in ?)
> I am not sure if the question mark I see in your cose is intentional or
> a consequence of different character/keyboard encoding.

keyboard encoding, sorry for this.

> The symbol for the Euro (in the ANSI encoding) is 0128.  So it should be:
> .twoway scatter price mpg, title("price in `=char(0128)'")
> I can replicate your same results after the eps is created: that is I
> cannot see the Euro sign in the title in GSview.  I suspect wildly that
> has more to do with the fonts and their encoding than Stata.
> Interestingly, if I place the copyright symbol in the title:
> twoway scatter price mpg, title("price in `=char(0169)'")
> The associated eps does display the Copyright symbol.  One thing to
> mention is that the Euro symbol was added later as part of the ANSI so
> that may have something to do with it.  I am sure someone has encoutered
> your same problem and can provide a solution.

Thank you very much for your explanation.

If I look at the .eps file after creating the graph with -title("price
in `=char(0128)'")-, I can see that it has again been translated to
(price in \200).

Interestingly, using the Copyright symbol, `=char(0169)' has been
translated to \251 in the .eps file.

I think I'll just use the word "Euros" rather than the Euro symbol

Thanks again,

Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.