st: -graph export-, eps and euro sign

From   Antoine Terracol <>
Subject   st: -graph export-, eps and euro sign
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:53:33 +0100

Dear _all,

This might be a postscript question rather than a Stata question, but I
was unable to find a solution on the web.

If I create the following graph

sysuse auto, clear
twoway scatter price mpg, title(price in ?)
graph export test.eps , replace

The Stata graph shows the euro symbol allright, but the generated .eps
does not (title becomes "price in ")

If I open the .eps file in notepad, I can see that the corresponding bit
of code is

(price in \200)

so -graph export- translates the euro symbol as \200, but when I open
the .eps file in ghostview (using Ghostscript 8.63 under windows XP), it
is replaced by a blank space.

The other accented characters (\'{e}, \^{o}, etc.) are fine.

Does anyone know either
- if there is a way to trick -graph export- to generate a proper euro
symbol (maybe by changing the -title- in -twoway-)?
- failing that, by what should I replace the "\200" in the .eps file?

Thanks in advance,

I'm using Stata 10.1

Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.