st: re: predicting after probit (was: MIME-Version: 1.0)

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: predicting after probit (was: MIME-Version: 1.0)
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:47:38 -0500

< >
Gabriele wrote

I do a probit regression in a cross section of individuals that are
from many countries (I have abouth one thousand of observations for
each country). For each individual I have a variable where it's
indicated his country. I desire to obtain a predicted  probability
for the dependent variable   not at individual's level but at county
level. How can i do?

In the enclosed, imagine that the individual observations for each company belong to individuals. Your 'country' is my 'company', the group with which the 'individual' is affiliated.

webuse grunfeld,clear
bys company: egen invmu = mean(invest)
bys company: g hi = invest > invmu
probit hi mvalue kstock
predict double hihat, pr
bys company: egen prcomp = mean(hihat)
list invest hi hihat prcomp if company < 3