RE: st: RE: egen & sum()

Subject   RE: st: RE: egen & sum()
Date   Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:49:15 +0100

Line for the server...

You mean along the lines of - help ivreg- in Stata 10.1?

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David Kantor
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:47 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: RE: egen & sum()

Here's a suggestion to StataCorp and to anyone who writes programs
and then changes the names of programs or options or syntax.
(I've done this on at least one occasion.)
Allow the old names or syntax to continue working, but issue a
warning message alerting users to the change, whenever they are used.
For those who would object to the possible intrusion of these
messages, perhaps there could be an environmental variable to switch
this on and off.
--David